[OpenWrt-Devel] configurable opkg repos patch not needed

Daniel Dickinson openwrt at daniel.thecshore.com
Tue Jan 5 09:09:16 EST 2016

Hi all,

The patch for allowing user to configure their own opkg repos is not as
necessary once the 'flavour' configuration patch gets applied (although
that will require reworking the patch series it's part of), because if
you use the /%f as the tail of the configured packages path you get the
desired effect without having to manually configure a list of names.

As an aside, I'm feeling a little less discouraged not as I got a note
explaining that the comment about talking/writing too verbosely wasn't
meant as harshly as I took it, and what really motivated it (ironically
it's the fact I was trying to help by being deliberately verbose in my
patch descriptions).

Still have some personal priorities that limit my time for perhaps a
month, and hopefully won't get too easily discouraged as I do have time;
at the moment I have too much tendency to see the glass as half full
when negative stuff comes up, which doesn't help.

Regards,

Daniel