[OpenWrt-Devel] embed TEXINFO in the latest trunk as build tool

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 07:30:50 EST 2016

On 23 February 2016 at 17:29, Arturo Rinaldi <arturo at doghunter.org> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> if was wondering if you have ever considered to embed the TEXINFO package as
> one of the HOST build tools. I have bumped a couple of times, when
> compiling, into some issue related to its binaries especially when the
> standard build tools launch the docs generation.
>
> would you consider to insert it in as a next future trunk commit ? Please
> think about it....

Docs are not needed in the final images so there is no need to take
time and compute power to generate them.  At the moment, we disable
docs either by patching the code or via configure options etc.

➜  ~/git-repo/trunk-openwrt git:(master) find package -name '*doc*.patch'
package/boot/uboot-kirkwood/patches/110-dockstar.patch
package/boot/uboot-kirkwood/patches/0005-kirkwood-dockstar-add-CONFIG_SYS_GENERIC_BOARD-defin.patch
package/libs/openssl/patches/160-disable_doc_tests.patch
package/network/utils/curl/patches/200-no_docs_tests.patch
package/network/utils/nftables/patches/100-disable-doc-generation.patch

                yousong