[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing new IP Virtual Server package and kernel modules

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Feb 15 11:28:10 EST 2016

Hi,

On 02/13/2016 03:47 PM, Mauro M. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to this list and this is my first post.

This was a replay to the " downloads.openwrt.org NOT accessible!!!"
thread and your mail is totally unrelated to that. When you want to
start a new thread next time just send a new mail to the list and do not
replay to an older mail. If you want to answer to this mail because wen
you should use the replay button.

> I included a new package into OpenWRT, both cc15.05 and trunk, to add Load
> Balancer capability using Linux IP Virtual Server:
>
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/software/ipvs.html
>
> I have been testing both CC and trunk build on different Netgear and
> Buffalo routers for the last three weeks. Everything works as expected and
> I did not find any stability issues being introduced.
>
> I would like to understand if and how it would be possible to include the
> new package into the mainstream. I can offer to be a maintainer of this
> package and in future to add startup and uci configuration scripts (at the
> moment one would have to create his own startup and configuration).
>
> Yesterday I tried to add the new files and commit the changes to existing
> files via git (trunk). I am not sure if these reached the destination as I
> have not used any authentication credentials.
>
> Please could you guide me through the correct process?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Mauro

As this is a separate package you should create a pull request on
github. Here is some documentation on how to do this:
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

OpenWrt CC is currently in maintenance only mode and we only allow
security fixes and bugfixes, but no new features. You can still send a
pull request to integrate our package into the Openwrt package feed for
trunk which will be used for the next release.

Hauke