[OpenWrt-Devel] LXC is broken on Caos Calmer

Antonio Aloisio gnuton at gnuton.org
Wed Feb 10 14:52:25 EST 2016

Hi there,
I have tried to run lxc on openwrt but it looks to me that those packages
are broken.

root at Honeypot:/home/gnuton# lxc-create -t download -n xx
Setting up the GPG keyring
ERROR: Unable to fetch GPG key from keyserver.
lxc_container: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1102 container creation
template for xx failed

Hi there,
I'm writing you because I would like to run lxc on my rasperry pi running
Caos Calmer.
Below you can see that a few errors I got.

root at Honeypot:/home/gnuton# lxc-create -t debian -n xx
lxc_container: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1097 No such file or
directory - failed to execute template /usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-debian
lxc_container: lxccontainer.c: create_run_template: 1102 container creation
template for xx failed
lxc_container: lxc_create.c: main: 274 Error creating container xx

root at Honeypot:/home/gnuton# opkg files lxc-templates
Package lxc-templates (1.1.1-1) is installed on root and has the following
files:
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-oracle
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-plamo
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-busybox
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-fedora
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-sshd
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu-cloud
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-openmandriva
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-gentoo
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-download
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-archlinux
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-cirros
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-debian
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-ubuntu
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-centos
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-altlinux
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-alpine
/usr/share/lxc/templates/lxc-opensuse

I have also installed LXC LuCi web GUI and it doesn't work too.
The GUI would allow me to create a openwrt based conatainer, but the truth
is that there is no such template available as you may see from the above
list.

Digging further I had a look at the source code and I noticed there some
problems too
for instance
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/blob/master/utils/lxc/patches/030-lxc-download.patch
points lxc-download to use a not working server.

I would like to know what's the status of LXC, is it supposed to work or
those packages are unmantained?

Cheers,
Antonio