[OpenWrt-Devel] Backporting from dev branch to stable

Jonathan Bennett jbscience87 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:47:52 EDT 2015

Guys with more experience will certainly be better suited to answer, but
from what I've observed, something like new device support wouldn't be
appropriate to backport into a released branch.  Usually only critical
security patches are backported.  There has been discussion of 15.05
working as a LTS sort of release, with minor version updates, so a 15.05.1
might happen in a few months.  You *might* get your patches included for
that maintenance release.  That's certainly not for me to decide, though.

--Jonathan Bennett