[OpenWrt-Devel] Fwd: Removing Telnet

Brent Thomson brentthomson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 11:42:38 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 7:47 AM, RB <aoz.syn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Experience with SSH breakage tells me that kind of slowness might be
> due to the SSHD attempting to use DNS to check the origin system
> (OpenSSH's UseDNS flag).  It's been a while since I dug into the
> OpenWRT SSH config, but is it generating the SSH keys upon first
> connection?  That might be a source of slowness as well.

Slowness probably depends on hardware as well as all the possibilities
listed by others. I have a model of router that always takes 2-3
seconds to initiate an SSH connection, just to set up encryption
(brief, but computationally intensive; happens with every connection).
10 seconds seems really slow, though. Smells like DNS.

--

Brent