[OpenWrt-Devel] Fwd: Removing Telnet

RB aoz.syn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 09:47:14 EDT 2015

On Tue, Sep 8, 2015 at 4:13 AM, Jakub Jančo <kubco2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is slow login still present on ssh?
> Because we had problem, that ssh login takes about 10seconds and
> telnet is instant. It is difference if we do initial bulk setup for
> more devices.

Experience with SSH breakage tells me that kind of slowness might be
due to the SSHD attempting to use DNS to check the origin system
(OpenSSH's UseDNS flag).  It's been a while since I dug into the
OpenWRT SSH config, but is it generating the SSH keys upon first
connection?  That might be a source of slowness as well.