[OpenWrt-Devel] SVN to GIT transition

Javier Domingo Cansino javierdo1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 19:33:53 EDT 2015

> One way to avoid the ambiguity of the r-number would be to use
> "git describe origin/master" then even if the local master branch has
> commits, you'd get the "upstream" revision number. But, I think it's
> more important to know that there have been local changes.

The git-describe two liner I traced that. Anyway, we don't really need a
number from version X because it's meaningless in git.

We've talked about how we would obtain the fork point, and a solution is
been already been stated (take Bruno's, mine, combine them, etc)

It is also clear that we can create tools to make testing PRs directly from
Github/Gitlab avoiding checkouts and just applying the patches, also we are
able to run checks automatically on PRs without intervention.

What is there left?