[OpenWrt-Devel] Status of X86_64 OpenWRT architecture

Jo-Philipp Wich jow at openwrt.org
Fri Mar 20 05:12:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

> The board can boot OpenWRT git X86 but not X86_64. I have a feeling that
> the X86_64 git is out of sync and that most drivers are disabled by
> default. Also no compilation options are available in make menuconfig.

Last time I checked the x86-64 target booted just fne on my Alix APU
board without any custom modifications.

What are the specific problems you encountered?

> Would you mind if I resync X86_64 to match most X86 options and provide
> a patch for compilation options. I would like to be able to compile with
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_TARGET_OPTIMIZATION="-Os -pipe -march=btver1
> -mtune=btver1"

The naturla place for these kind of optimizations is a subtarget, but
I'd prefer if x86-64 generic stays - well, generic - enough to work on
both desktop machines, vm containers and apu boards.

~ Jow