[OpenWrt-Devel] lantiq DSL drivers / firmware info

Martin Blumenstingl martin.blumenstingl at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 23 19:20:06 EDT 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 1:00 AM, Aleksander Wałęski <olewales at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, it just dawned on me that they can be doing just that. In
> the bootloader. This is the only part of firmware we are not changing.
> If PCBs turn out to be identical we might want to check this.
That was my first guess, but I am using the open source u-boot version
on the BT Home Hub 5A (= Annex A device) and it still refuses to
connect to Annex B (at least back when I tried last, I switched to
VDSL like two months ago).

If you can figure out where the boot_sel pins are (similar to [0] or
[1]) to get it into CFG04 mode (= boot via UART) then I can add a
patch for Daniel Schwierzeck's open source lantiq u-boot. But be
aware: you need to pull some of them HIGH (= 3.3V, *NOT* 5V) - you
could damage your device by pulling the wrong pin HIGH.

Regards,
Martin

[0] http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/arcadyan/vgv7510kw22
[1] http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/bt/homehub_v5a