[OpenWrt-Devel] reproducible ipk packages and building openssl with -j

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Jul 16 03:37:58 EDT 2015

Hi,

two days ago the .ipk packages for the first time were tested (mostly)
successfully and today https://reproducible.debian.net/openwrt/openwrt.html
shows that 209 (98.5%) out of 212 built packages were reproducible in our test
setup. The remaining offender is busybox, which is reproducible in Debian, see
https://reproducible.debian.net/busybox

So far, so very great! :-)

https://jenkins.debian.net/view/reproducible/job/reproducible_openwrt/31/console
shows the build from two days ago, were ramimps didnt reach 98.5% because
openssl failed to build, thus causing other packages to fail to build.
Just rescheduling the job "fixed" that, so I assume openssl was once again
build with -j, which doesn't work reliably (according both to my experience
and an openssl developer I've spoken to yesterday).

That said, I do recall having seen a commit forcing "-j 1" when building
openssl for openwrt, so I'm wondering whether that commit was limited to some
archs only or maybe was removed again?

cheers,
	Holger