[OpenWrt-Devel] Rebooting boards with > 16M SPI flash

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 02:53:55 EDT 2015

Hi John,

John Crispin <blogic at openwrt.org> writes:
> looks good to me but i will run this past linux-mtd and ask them for an
> opinion before merging it.

This patch was meant as a quick "hack" rather than a complete solution,
that's why I didn't bother adding proper commit message, S-o-b etc. But
since I'm the author, I can do that promptly, whenever that's needed.

The main limitation is that I checked only a single datasheet (likely
Winbond) so other models might require different treatment. Another is
that such a patch is mostly a bad substitute for proper hardware design.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com