[OpenWrt-Devel] Plans for procd

Mats Karrman mats.dev.list at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 08:40:15 EST 2015

Hi Luka,

On 2015-01-05 22:25, Luka Perkov wrote:
> Hi Mats,
>
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 02:57:26PM +0100, Mats Karrman wrote:
>> Are there any written down target definition for the procd, i.e. what
>> functionality
>> it is supposed to contain?
> Not that I am aware of.
>
>> Specifically; are there any plans to include cgroups management?
> I've added lxc support to openwrt... I'm curious about your cgroups
> interest. Can you please share more details about it?
>
> Luka
I have been looking at LXC and CGmanager but I think I'm after something
even more lightweight. I have currently no need for the whole virtualization
thing, more something in the line of the ability to by configuration divide
processes into a set of fixed groups and apply restrictions on e.g. memory
and cpu usage. This together with the ability to restart processes that are
killed by OOM would be enough to solve my problem.

I haven't been using procd yet but thought that this could be a nice place
to put that kind of functionality.

BR // Mats