[OpenWrt-Devel] NCM fails to reconnect

Matti Laakso malaakso at elisanet.fi
Sun Feb 22 03:27:52 EST 2015

Hi Sami,

I think that this problem appears when the device is /dev/cdc-wdm* instead of /dev/ttyUSB*. In this case the 3g.usb-script from package comgt doesn't set the interface back to available upon plugging the dongle in (after it has been set unavailable with proto_set_available "$interface" 0). It seems that QMI and MBIM have the same problem. However, the "wwan" package has a suitable wwan.usbmisc-script (but it is missing NCM at the moment). So we should probably just add ncm to wwan.usbmisc and set wwan to be a dependency of comgt-ncm, uqmi and umbim.

Matti