[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] firewall: NAT masquerading race condition

Hans Dedecker dedeckeh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 05:53:31 EST 2015

Hi,

I noticed the selective conntrack flushing in fw3; looking into the
code it only gets active when there's a difference between the cached
IP in the __addr list and the current IP addresses in use.
In this case the selective conntrack flushing is done for the old_addr.
In the error case nf_conntrack displays the following entry :
ipv4     2 icmp     1 9 src=192.168.1.10 dst=192.30.252.131 type=8
code=0 id=8323 packets=6 bytes=504 [UNREPLIED] src=192.30.252.131
dst=192.168.1.10 type=0 code=0 id2

Looking into the netfilter_conntrack_flush patch only the connections
will be flushed which match the passed address; as fw3 is passing an
old cached address when there's a difference the above printed icmp
connection will not be flushed as there's no match or is my assumption
wrong ?

Thx,
Hans