[OpenWrt-Devel] More bad RPATH

Jo-Philipp Wich jow at openwrt.org
Mon Feb 9 10:05:49 EST 2015

Hi Etienne,

please test after fresh build with these two patches applied:

http://luci.subsignal.org/~jow/rpath/

My first thought was to fixup libtool to not spray rpaths all over the
place but since replacing every libtool in every package seems futile
the next best place to do so would be the rstrip.sh script which already
prepares all executables and shared objects for packaging.

The series above packages "patchelf" as host utility and uses it to
strip rpaths which are either within $TOPDIR or exactly "/lib" or
"/usr/lib" (standard library search path).

We can extend this as needed to exclude other "dangerous" paths like
"/tmp", "/var" or "/mnt"...

~ Jow