[OpenWrt-Devel] Still no progress on gigabit ports on Mikrotek 2011UiAS-2HnD

Soren Harward stharward at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:50:39 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 6:50 AM, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> I still have non-working gigabit ports on my Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD. Soren
> Harward kindly had a look at various diagnostics but hasn't seen
> anything obvious wrong yet.
> Looking at statistics for the Gigabit switch there's loads of data
> sent but nothing at all received.

Not true on both counts: machines connected to the network are getting
IPv6 addresses from your router through SLAAC and DHCPv6, but IPv4
isn't working.  I haven't had time to dig through the information
you've sent me, and probably won't until next week.  In the meantime,
start looking for problems above the hardware layer.

Also, the USB port on the RB2011 is weirdly not hot-pluggable.  You
have to connect the device first, then load the appropriate USB kernel
modules.

--
Soren Harward