[OpenWrt-Devel] OVS on OpenWRT

Yilun Zhou yilun.zhou at duke.edu
Sun Nov 16 19:14:19 EST 2014

Hi,
I am experimenting with OpenVSwitch on OpenWRT. My goal is to use Floodlight controller to do routing on OVS with Openflow 1.0 protocol. My router is NETGEAR WNDR3800. I have installed OpenWRT Attitude and OVS on it so that I can see a list of utilities such as:
ovs-appctl
ovs-dpctl
ovs-tcpundump
ovsdb-server
ovs-benchmark
ovs-ofctl
ovs-vlan-test
ovsdb-tool
ovs-brcompatd
ovs-parse-leaks
ovs-vsctl
ovs-bugtool
ovs-pcap
ovs-vswitchd
ovs-controller
ovs-pki
ovsdb-client

I looked at this tutorial (http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL;hb=HEAD) but it uses a PC Linux distribution, which has different filesystem, etc. that makes me not able to proceed as directed. Could anyone tell me how to specifically use OVS on OpenWRT or point me to a resource about it?
Here is my post on Floodlight group that may provide more information (https://groups.google.com/a/openflowhub.org/d/msg/floodlight-dev/C6RAY-TYXdI/tHE8vt9tz9wJ?).

Thanks,
Yilun?
?