[OpenWrt-Devel] 6in4 does not recover after wan outage

Richard Mortimer richm+openwrt at oldelvet.org.uk
Fri Aug 22 09:15:18 EDT 2014

I'm testing BB rc3 on a Buffalo WBMR-HP-G300H and for the most part its
working fine and I'm getting a rock solid ADSL connection with it.

However I've noticed that if the ADSL line drops then when it recovers
my SiXXS 6in4 tunnel does not automatically re-establish the connection.
There doesn't seem to be any magic config values to set either in the
LUCI interface or at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network#protocol.6in4.ipv6-in-ipv4.tunnel

Is this a missing feature or is there a bug lurking somewhere in the new
event mechanism?

For reference I've got the following in my wan and wan6 configs
(passwords and IP addresses suitably redacted).

config interface 'wan'
         option _orig_ifname 'nas0'
         option _orig_bridge 'false'
         option proto 'pppoa'
         option encaps 'vc'
         option atmdev '0'
         option vci '38'
         option vpi '0'
         option username 'auser'
         option password 'apass'
         option mtu '1458'
         option peerdns '0'
         option dns 'x.x.x.x'

config interface 'wan6'
         option _orig_ifname '@wan'
         option _orig_bridge 'false'
         option proto '6in4'
         option peeraddr 'y.y.y.y'
         option ip6addr 'a:b:c::d'
         option ip6prefix 'e:f::/48'

I'm happy to help debug etc where needed and will log a trac ticket if
it isn't down to my stupidity!

Regards

Richard