[OpenWrt-Devel] Failsafe mode with RC3 and TP WR841

Martin Babutzka martin.babutzka at online.de
Fri Aug 22 05:31:34 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I experienced troubles entering the OpenWRT failsafe mode on a TP-Link WR841
with Barrier Breaker RC3. I used the failsafe mode on different devices
successfully already. None of the 2 buttons reacted during power on and no
procedure worked (pushing the button all the time, pushing the button many times
during startup).
Can anyone confirm this?

Does the failsafe mode depend on a certain package or configuration? My Barrier
Breaker image was a custom one made with the official image builder. The package
was built with Barrier Breaker RC3 and the following command:
make image PROFILE=TLWR841 PACKAGES="wpad nano luci-mod-admin-full luci-ssl
-wpad-mini -dnsmasq -ppp -ppp-mod-pppoe"

Cheers,
Martin