[OpenWrt-Devel] Lots of missing packages!

Aaron Z aczlan+openwrt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 06:46:03 EDT 2014

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 4:13 AM, Steven Barth <cyrus at openwrt.org> wrote:
> The current status of "oldpackages" is this:
> If you are using trunk and want to use the possibly outdated packages you
> have to enable the oldpackages feed and build them manually.
> If you are using barrier breaker in the final version we will still build
> these outdated packages in binary form but won't enable the package
> repository in opkg.conf by default, so you have to manually opt-in to use
> these packages. Some packages there might be broken due to changes in the
> SDK but this will hopefully get addressed before the final release. The next
> release after barrier breaker will not include any unmaintained packages at
> all not even as opt-in.
So, are the precompiled packages on openwrt.org [1] indicative of what
will be available for the final release of BB?
From there on ar71xx, nano was missing from RC1, but is back for RC2
[2] and RC3 [3].
Looking in the same folder [1] for the packages that Valent mentioned
in his second ticket, I also see bluez-libs [4], bluez-utils [5],
/i2c-tools [6], ntpclient [7], picocom [8] and python [9] as
precompiled packages.
Will those still be available in the final release?

[1] http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc2/ar71xx/generic/packages/
[2] http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc2/ar71xx/generic/packages/nano_2.3.6-1_ar71xx.ipk
[3] http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/nano_2.3.6-1_ar71xx.ipk
[4] http://downloads.openwrt.org/barrier_breaker/14.07-rc3/ar71xx/generic/packages/bluez-libs_3.36-3_ar71xx.ipk