Maintenance of openwrt.org and CDN for downloads

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Wed Dec 13 09:16:32 PST 2023

Hi Ted,

> What do you have planned next for the wiki?

With the help of Jo we recently migrated to table of hardware to static tables which don’t overwhelm the database on each request, it’s now some JavaScript magic.

I’d like to do something similar for packages which are currently stored inside the wiki. Instead of wiki I'd build something similar to how Alpine does it[1].

With both in place the wiki should be much faster since the data plugin[2] doesn’t seem to scale for our amount of data.

[1]: https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages
[2]: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:data