[LEDE-DEV] 18.06 Status?

Eric Luehrsen ericluehrsen at gmail.com
Tue May 1 22:41:43 EDT 2018

On 05/01/2018 10:47 AM, Hannu Nyman wrote:
> I think that the main source tree is in pretty good shape, so branching
> off the 18.0X rather soon might make sense....

I would also think its time to branch 18.[something-soon], and rather
than focus on work that needs yet to be completed, look to cut hardware
and packages that are not ready for a release. There is always some
heart ache when such decisions are made, but at a point those decisions
do need to be made. Without an official release to punctuate both the
core team and other packagers hard work, OpenWrt/LEDE could risk losing
support from the community and its limited sponsorship. I imagine this
project means something personally to the core team, so those risks
should be considered.

- Eric