18.06 Status?

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Tue May 1 10:47:56 EDT 2018

I think that the main source tree is in pretty good shape, so branching off
the 18.0X rather soon might make sense.

There is alweays the next new exiting feature to be included in, but if the
intention is still to make several major releases per year, the next feature
will get into the next release rather soon.

So little stuff gets backported to 17.01, that a possible 17.01.5 would be
just a quick temporary fix, not a proper solution. jow was talking about that
ealier, and a 17.01.5 might be ok as a stopgap or "safe upgrade" from 17.01.x.

If 17.01.5 is really made, at least the mvebu mwlwifi driver should be
updated first. 17.01 still has the ancient June 2017 version of mwlwifi
driver, while master was recently upgrdaed to 2018-03-30 that is likely the
best driver version so far.