OpenWrt/LEDE remerge/rebrand status

Imre Kaloz kaloz at openwrt.org
Mon Mar 20 20:48:41 EDT 2017

Hi,

On 2017-03-20 16:58, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is a summary of the people's opinion regarding the OpenWrt/LEDE
> remerge/rebrand questions as formulated here initially by John [1].
>
> Here is what I counted so far from the link above.
>
> - Re-merge:
> 	* Yes: Alexandru, Stijn, Mathias, Alvaro, Rafal, Piotr, Matthias S.,
> Daniel, Hans, John, Zoltan, Vincenzo, Felix, Luka, Matteo, Florian
> 	* Neutral: Jo-Philip
>
> - Re-brand LEDE to OpenWrt:
> 	* neutral: Alexandru, Stijn, Alvaro, Piotr, Matthias S., Daniel, Hans,
> John, Vincenzo, Felix
> 	* No: Mathias, Rafal, Alexander C., Jo
> 	* Yes: Zoltan, Luka, Matteo, Florian
>
> [1]: http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-adm/2017-March/000402.html
>
> In terms of numbers:
>
> - in favor of a re-merge: 15
> - neutral to a re-merge: 1
>
> - in favor of re-branding LEDE to OpenWrt: 4
> - neutral to that: 10
> - against re-branding LEDE to OpenWrt: 4

I didn't vote yet like quite a few others. I'll reach out to the
remaining people on our side as it might not have been clear for them
they actually do have LEDE voting rights (afterall, this is a vote with
the LEDE hat on). I would like to ask John or Felix to do the same as
well on that note.

My vote is (not so surprisingly) "yes" on both questions.

Imre