[RFC] Sponsorship Questions

Piotr Dymacz pepe2k at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 05:44:36 EDT 2017

Hi Jo,

On 20.04.2017 17:32, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> So the questions are:
>
> 1) Are you okay with endorsing a 3rd party as offical LEDE sponsor?

Yes but in the first place I would prefer to see OpenWrt/LEDE projects
re-merge/brand topic closed/solved/finished.

> 2) What are the rules you'd like to lay out for such a sponsorship?

Others already gave good examples. Personally I think that the one from
Hannu Nyman:

 > There should be no exclusive sponsors.

is the most important here and should become a main rule.

We all know that there are already many companies using OpenWrt/LEDE
code as a base for their products/SDKs and it would make their internal
development much easier if they had more control over upstream code
repository.

What else comes to my mind:
It must be public and transparent for the community.

--
Cheers,
Piotr