[RFC] Sponsorship Questions

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 22:58:06 EDT 2017

On 20 April 2017 at 23:32, Jo-Philipp Wich <jo at mein.io> wrote:

> So the questions are:
>
> 1) Are you okay with endorsing a 3rd party as offical LEDE sponsor?
> 2) What are the rules you'd like to lay out for such a sponsorship?

This is good news.  The project can definitely have more
computing/storage resources available

Is there an essential list of requirements to become a sponsor?  or a
voting procedure can do?  I prefer the later

Donating computing resources and hardwares gadgets are just like
contributing code and docs or tending the infrastructure.  They
deserve the credit.  The project should be able to maintain its
independence and devs their free will of choice when sponsors should
try to exercise their influence.  So the rules can be a default-off
one, i.e. listing what they can/cannot do and all other options
requires discussion in the least.

Regards,
               yousong