Regarding the real-name-only contribution policy

Arınç ÜNAL arinc.unal at arinc9.com
Tue Jun 18 11:43:15 PDT 2024

After the xz backdoor incident, I don't think it would be very wise to
start allowing usernames. Not just that, anyone with a full name that
cannot be tied to a real person through either public knowledge on the
internet, or information privately provided to the maintainers of the
project is a potential infiltrator in my eyes.

But, I think usernames should be allowed for submissions, and the
submissions must be reviewed thoroughly. Becoming a maintainer or a member
of the project on the other hand, must not be possible unless the person's
real life identity is privately provided.

Arınç