DSA Mini-tutorial still marked as Work In Progress

David Lang david at lang.hm
Wed Sep 7 15:17:32 PDT 2022

with DSA, do you HAVE to go through the cpu interface and kernel to bridge
different ports on the switch? or can you still do vlan routing inside the
switch?

for the Scale conference, I've done a lot of work using the switch for passing
vlan tagged traffic on to other systems while only sending some of it to the CPU
(the CPU would be a very significant bottleneck if I tried to send everything
though it)

David Lang