DSA Mini-tutorial still marked as Work In Progress

Arınç ÜNAL arinc.unal at arinc9.com
Sun Sep 4 14:32:38 PDT 2022

Hi Rich,

On 4.09.2022 17:58, Rich Brown wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The DSA Mini-tutorial on the Wiki (https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/dsa/dsa-mini-tutorial) is still marked as a "Work In Progress"
>
> I should know - I wrote this up as we were getting ready to ship 21.02, and I thought that we should have something about DSA on the wiki. But I don't really know anything about DSA - I simply pieced the article together from a few forum posts. And I never received any direct feedback or saw any updates to the wiki page.
>
> I was "makin' a lot of stuff up" as I wrote that page. It's the best I could do, but nothing that's written there should be taken as gospel. The italics near the top indicate areas of uncertainty. I also was guessing about the difference between device and interface definitions.
>
> Here's my request:
>
> It would do my heart good to have someone who's knowledgeable about DSA read through the page and either make direct corrections, or send me a note and I'll make them.  Thanks.

I don't see much content to document DSA. All DSA does is creating a
network interface for each switch port. What I think should be properly
documented is the Bridge VLAN filtering feature. I have made some
efforts to do that on my playground here:

https://openwrt.org/playground/arinc9/start

I know I was supposed to deliver much more, much earlier. I still have a
huge list of things to do on LuCI, UCI and OpenWrt Wiki, forcefully
pushed down to the bottom of my task list.

Arınç