Question about DNS-Tap integration

Michal Novotny michal.novotny at greycortex.com
Mon May 16 06:31:39 PDT 2022

Hello OpenWRT Team,

recently we've found a new project called DNS-Tap and it can be found on
the DNSTap.info website [1]. There are several implementations available
already - for Knot DNS, Unbound, BIND, CoreDNS and others - but they are
not available on any stock router nor in any alternative firmware like
OpenWRT.

My question is about whether are you planning to introduce the DNS-Tap
over TCP/IP to some version of the OpenWRT Router firmware. It's the
emerging
technology which might be very useful in the future.

You might try to have a look to the link [1] and evaluate but having the
option to set DNS-Tap sender to some IP address and port using OpenWRT
configuration interface (LuCI) would be a pretty nice thing.

Are you planning to add such a support?

Thanks a lot,
Michal Novotny
GREYCORTEX s.r.o.