[sdwalker/sdwalker.github.io] 2bdb42: This week's update

Reto reto at labrat.space
Sun May 15 04:33:51 PDT 2022

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 04:32:55PM +0800, Jeffery To wrote:
> In the years that I have been subscribed to this list, this is the
> first time I have replied to any email about these notifications. I
> would suspect that most people are not bothered by them, or have
> filtered them out and moved on.

I am bothered by them as well, they are just noise.
But rather than polluting the list further, I chose to ping them
off list, at stephendwalker+github at gmail.com, without any response.

Also there was at least a second thread I remember
<mailman.45770.1646666543.1923571.openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org>

> As I said, I think the majority of subscribers are not bothered by
> these notifications; it is one email per week. I am open to being
> wrong about this. I don't mind subscribing to another mailing list for
> these notifications.

I'd very much be in favor of a second list for those things, as
they don't add any value to passive readers of the list.

There's certainly a certain observation bias....
If people are bothered by noise on the list, chances are a polite
reader wouldn't want to generate more noise and hence ping the
"offending" person off list.

Cheers,
Reto