[PATCH] x86/c3000: Add Intel SoC C3000 series
jialex.lu at intel.com
Fri Jun 24 03:11:40 PDT 2022
1. X64 is too broad to cover all platform varieties.
2. Intel C3000 is a Network SoC, with integration of QAT (QuickAssist engine for crypto & compression) and NICs in addition to x86. More expandability with richer I/O.
3. At device level, C3000 h/w design and ODM/OEM ecosystem are different from generic x86 platform like Core and Celeron.
4. C3000 support team is fully committed to enable technology innovation around OpenWRT ecosystem.
5. We want to keep some C3000 features on the subtarget. Some X86 openwrt is Soft-routing. We don't want our changes to affect these Soft-routing.
From: Rui Salvaterra <rsalvaterra at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2022 6:07 PM
To: Lu, JialeX <jialex.lu at intel.com>
Cc: openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org; Yang, Tao Y <tao.y.yang at intel.com>; Zhang, Yang6 <yang6.zhang at intel.com>
Subject: Re: [PATCH] x86/c3000: Add Intel SoC C3000 series
On Fri, 24 Jun 2022 at 09:50, <jialex.lu at intel.com> wrote:
> +SUBTARGETS:=generic legacy geode 64 c3000
The Atom C3000 is a x86-64 CPU. What makes it so special as to require a dedicated subtarget?
More information about the openwrt-devel