Help unbricking AC750

Lech Perczak lech.perczak at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 10:11:35 PDT 2022

Hi!

W dniu 2022-06-18 o 17:14, Luca Bertoncello pisze:
> Hi!
>
> I have an TP-Link AC750 Archer C2.
> It worked with TP-Link Firmware and I wanted to install OpenWRT.
>
> Unfortunately, something went really wrong and now the devices seems to
> be bricked...
> Only Power-LED is on, no other activity.
>
> Has someone an idea how can I try to recover it?
If that's C2v1 and you attempted flashing it over TFTP without appending
U-boot to the factory image first, then you might need to desolder the
SPI flash chip and use an external programmer, for example one based on
CH341 and reflash it externally with "flashrom" or similar tool. I
recovered one unit that way, and found OpenWrt uImage where U-boot
should have been.

> Thanks a lot
> Luca Bertoncello
> (lucabert at lucabert.de)