Status of source-only targets

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Tue Jan 11 10:56:22 PST 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:55:54PM +0100, Paul Spooren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looking at openwrt.git I find seven targets with the source-only tag. The tag means the build infrastructure skips building the targets. Does it make sense to carry those target in tree or should we move them to our target archive?
>
> - lantiq/falcon

Sadly the falcon didn't really make it to fly with OpenWrt (yet).
It's used in a couple of GPON SFP modules, so would sure be an
interesting target...

> - oxnas/ox810se

ox810se has recently seen some love upstream, Ethernet may work in
5.17+ and we could backport that for testing if anyone got the
hardware flying around.

> - malta/le64
> - malta/le
> - malta/be64

Those are very helpful for testing MIPS(el)32/64 and should be kept.