Best VSDL modem-router to target?

Mathew McBride matt at traverse.com.au
Sun Jan 9 15:47:57 PST 2022

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022, at 10:14 AM, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-01-05 at 18:05 -0700, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> > Have you looked at the Traverse Geos2?
>
> That's kind of dated now (ADSL2+ only).... but Traverse seem to have a
> new toy now:
>
> https://traverse.com.au/products/ten64-networking-platform/
> And it has an external VDSL board:
> https://traverse.com.au/hardware-4.html
>
> Looks like the VDSL is a standalone device much like the Solos card
> which they integrated into the Geos.
Indeed, the Geos has been out of production for several years now.

We don't have a dual DSL product anymore as most of the use cases for dual-DSL have shifted to DSL+5G or even dual-5G instead.

Our VDSL card is just a Lantiq/MaxLinear GRX gateway with an Ethernet uplink to host. It's not possible to construct a something that functions like the Solos/Geos with modern DSL chipsets.

(Except maybe if you can get the VRX PCIe phys working on plain OpenWrt. I believe others have tried and not succeeded yet)

Cheers,
Matt