Developer Meeting November 2022

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Fri Dec 2 10:44:43 PST 2022

Hi Nicholas,

> If a move from Github is inevitable, should we continue investing in
> Github, i.e. start auto-labelling tickets, making new templates, etc?

OpenWrt is an open source project and we like to support and rely on other open source projects. However there is no plan to leave GitHub in the (near) future. Instead we see many more tasks that should be automated by the (GitHub) CI.

> For auto-closing bugs, perhaps a good policy is to auto-close bugs for
> any unsupported release. We could automate notifications to the
> reporters to let them know that this bug was reported on a release
> that's reaching EoL, and to reopen it anew on a supported version if
> it is present.

Not all issues have a release assigned, we have to figure things out manually for existing issues. For the rest templates hopefully do the trick.