Paid support for MT7621 WAN port bugs in 21.02 HEAD/MASTER

Strontium strntydog at gmail.com
Tue May 4 23:31:50 BST 2021

Actually in this case the problems seem to be in the new wired ethernet
drivers using the linux DSA infrastructure  (mtk_soc_eth.c and mt7530.c)
are causing the issues.  I have had no luck narrowing down either fault
as every avenue i have explored has lead to a dead end so far.

One of the fault test cases i found the watchdog timeout was more
reliably triggered by using wifi -> wan traffic, but i don't believe the
problem is the wifi (mt76) driver, because the timeout is caused by
mtk_soc_eth.c blocking.

The old drivers in the v4.xx kernels worked fine in this regard, so its
something to do with the new DSA drivers.

The odd thing is Lan1-Lan4 use the same drivers, but do no exhibit the
issue, its constrained to the WAN interface.

Steven.