Buildbot stuck? No new packages builds since Tuesday 22nd

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sun Jun 27 00:43:24 PDT 2021

On 6/27/21 9:25 AM, Hannu Nyman wrote:
> Hi,
> Looks like the workers have got stuck again. All fsf-dock workers. Only
> the two different workers that were just started are still alive.
>
> The same seems to concern also the 21.02 packages buildbot. All fsf-dock
> workers seem stuck.

Hi Hannu,

This is a different problem. The Oregon State University Open Source Lab
has to power down all open compute systems due to an excessive heat warning:
https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ORZ008&warncounty=ORC003&firewxzone=ORZ603&local_place1=Corvallis%20OR&product1=Excessive+Heat+Warning&lat=44.5647&lon=-123.261

We were informed about this yesterday and they hope they can start them
again today or tomorrow.

> Ps. the 21.02 buildbot looks severely under-resourced compared to the
> half-dormant 19.07 branch. I would think that the current RC release
> should already have the priority for build resources.

It is probably a good idea to switch some of the resources there are
also much less commits in the 19.07 branch.

Hauke