ath79: mikrotik mac issue

Koen Vandeputte koen.vandeputte at citymesh.com
Fri Apr 16 16:04:17 BST 2021

Hi all,

I found another interesting issue testing on a rb922
The board gets a random mac on each boot.

This is normal and should be automatically corrected by 02_network
afterwards when hard_config is available, but it seems it's not getting
applied correctly.
Debugging the 02_network script shows that the actual value is properly
fetched from hard_config, but it's not getting applied for some reason ..
/etc/board.json shows the correct ones, but the interfaces still carry
the random MAC.

Judging by the flow in the script, I guess this issue will be present on
all ath79 Mikrotik targets.

Anyone got a clue?

Regards,

Koen