20.xx: state of the DSA

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:00:38 EST 2020

On 20/11/20 01:36, Paul Spooren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> DSA (Distributed Switch Architecture)[0] is a main feature of 20.xx and
> one of the last blockers for a branch. The goal states[1] support where
> possible, not necessarily every target.
>
> This mail thread should be used to get an overview of the missing bits.
>
> The following targets seem use `swconfig`, should/can they be ported?
> Please post states and links to work in progress migrations:
>
> * apm821xx/nand
> * ath25
> * ath79
> * bcm47xx
> * bcm53xx
> * bcm63xx
> * ipq40xx
> * ipq806x
> * kirkwood

wait, why kirkwood?
I have one of the two kirkwood devices with a switch, running snapshot
and it's definitely been using DSA for a while

Checking the kernel config....

CONFIG_HAVE_NET_DSA=y

and there is no CONFIG_SWCONFIG

Yes it is using DSA.

The commit to move kirkwood to DSA is

4fd7e539e4f90128bdd7cb71c729a4b32f5de86e

from April 28