[OpenWrt-Devel] Experimental "release goals" for 19.07.4

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sun May 24 09:47:42 EDT 2020

On 23-05-20, Michael Jones wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2020, 13:01 Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org>
> wrote:
>
> > If the initial concept looks good, we can think about automating some of
> > it:
> > tag bug reports on Flyspray/Github/Gitlab as blocking for a specific
> > release, use "milestones", automatically find commits that satisfy a goal,
> > etc.
> >

> I find it very confusing that there are so many different places for bugs
> to live and be tracked.
>
> What's going on with gitlab? Is that going to be the source of truth for
> OpenWRT? Or will we always have 3 different bug trackers?

Switching to Gitlab is a bigger discussion / project.

Whatever the tools, release goals can be useful, just more or less
difficult to implement / keep track of.  I mean, in any case, some people
need to keep an overview of regression / reports / work-in-progress work
of the different components, and gitlab won't solve all of that magically
even if it makes it easier.

Baptiste