[OpenWrt-Devel] Repository for release or snapshot build configuration?

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sun Mar 22 08:49:00 EDT 2020

Lars Kruse <lists at sumpfralle.de> [2020-03-22 13:21:34]:

Hi,

> I assume, that there is a set of build configuration snippets that are used for
> building the different targets. Or maybe it is combined with the buildbot setup?

 git checkout -b foo \
   $(curl https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.2/targets/x86/64/version.buildinfo | cut -d - -f2)
 curl https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.2/targets/x86/64/feeds.buildinfo > feeds.conf
 curl https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/19.07.2/targets/x86/64/config.buildinfo > .config

should be enough for reproducible build[1] with some limitations, like for
example on x86/64 you should be able to get exactly same core packages, but
images still needs some love.

You can find some details in the commit[2] implementing it.

> For now I was looking for this information in the following places:
> * https://openwrt.org/releases
> * https://openwrt.org/infrastructure
> But for now I failed :(

Feel free to add the missing bits over there, it's just a wiki.

1. https://tests.reproducible-builds.org/openwrt/openwrt_x86.html
2. https://git.openwrt.org/378b51908c06bca0af0d19e976fd0db51699ae7c

-- ynezz