Simplified LuCI interface project: dashboard, quick setup, configuration

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Fri Jun 26 21:05:38 EDT 2020

Thank you kindly for this work.

Baptiste Jonglez <baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org> wrote:
    > The student project of Biyun and Zhao has just finished.

    > The goal was to develop a simplified web interface for OpenWrt, integrated
    > in LuCI and complementary to the current LuCI interface.

I watched the video.
I have some questions.  Maybe I didn't pay enough attention though, so I read
the report a bit too. :-)

I now understand what the goals were, and I think that you did a good job
making the dashboard better. From watching the video the two tasks that you
were attempting to improve were (in laymens terms):
  1) changing the WIFI password
  2) creating a port-forward

(I guess I missed the static-IP part in the video)

I think that this could be just a bit easier to do: in particular I think
that the average person needs just a bit more friendly text to connect
between what they want to do, with our terminology as to what we are doing.