[OpenWrt-Devel] Problems with e-mail DMARC policy, and other usability issues

Karl Palsson karlp at tweak.net.au
Thu Jun 11 07:26:12 EDT 2020

<mail at adrianschmutzler.de> wrote:

> However, the basic concept of a mailing list requires it to
> change the From header.

... does it though?  I know it does traditionally, but... is that really the only way?  IFF you keep this, then yeah, sure, all the other justifications are fine, but it's clearly not working well.

If the purpose of the mailling list is for human interaction,
then I'd argue it most certainly does _not_ need to be doing
this.

If the purpose of the mailing list is for automated processes to
handle patches from specially formatted mails, then..... is it
really the best tool? (hahahaaaa.... oh, I made myself sad)

Sincerely,
Karl Palsson