[OpenWrt-Devel] jffs2 runs into read-only on low memory systems (5 eblocks)

Alexander 'lynxis' Couzens lynxis at fe80.eu
Wed Feb 12 07:01:36 EST 2020

Hi David,

I'm currently working with low flash system (4MB flash / jffs2: 320 kb,
5 erase blocks).

Some of the systems seems to run into read-only mode, while most
work fine. I've around ~50 devices which is less than 5 %. My devices
runs 4.14 and ar71xx devices.

I would guess the garbage collector triggers to late, when the last free
block has been allocated and moves itself into this situation.

Are there any tools to debug this? Are there any tests tools available?
I've dumps of the broken flash.

Any thoughts how to debug it further?

Best,
lynxis

--
Alexander Couzens

mail: lynxis at fe80.eu
jabber: lynxis at fe80.eu
gpg: 390D CF78 8BF9 AA50 4F8F  F1E2 C29E 9DA6 A0DF 8604