[OpenWrt-Devel] mptcp in openwrt

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 04:20:26 EST 2020

On 05/02/20 08:51, André Valentin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> mptcp is only for the devices intiating and terminating the connection. All routers in between (maybe OpenWRT) do not care about this.
> The only way you could use mptcp on a router is with a proxy service running on it, which will do the mptcp stuff.
>
> Please correct me if I unterstood wrong.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> André

This is correct.

But OpenWrt isn't used just for routers and wifi access points now.

There are a bunch of services you can run on OpenWrt devices,

and you can get very powerful devices or even run it on normal PC/server
hardware.

So it makes sense to ask about multipath even if it's not relevant for a
router or wifi AP.

-Alberto