MT7621 Flow Control

Kristian Evensen kristian.evensen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 04:09:03 EDT 2020

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 1:44 PM Jaap Buurman <jaapbuurman at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, on this mailing list a user by the name of Kristian claims
> that disabling flow control helps fix this problem, as can be read
> here: https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2017-November/009882.html

My patch unfortunately does not solve the problem, as I can still see
the timeout error. However, by disabling flow control, the frequency
of the error is decreased to the point where it almost never happens
(even on devices where I would frequently see the error). In order to
deal with the remaining timeout cases, I wrote a small watchdog script
that checks syslog for the timeout message and restarts networking if
the error occurs. A restart has always been able to recover networking
(at the cost of a small interruption).

Kristian