ramips/rt**** and kernel 5.4

Eneas Queiroz cotequeiroz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:37:10 EDT 2020

Hi

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 10:54 AM <mail at adrianschmutzler.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with a 20.xx branch coming closer, we still have 3 of 6 ramips subtargets (rt288x, rt305x, rt3883) on kernel 4.14 by default (though 5.4 testing support is available in principle).
>
> I've recently tried to build those with 5.4 and buildbot settings (including packages), they all compile nicely (4M devices have already been disabled) out-of-the-box.
>
> However, I don't have any devices for these platforms, and I have not followed the ramips 5.4 transitions closely enough to know which problems might appear on the devices.
>
> At the moment, we have the following number of supported devices (i.e. > 4M):
> rt288x: 1 device
> rt305x: 57 devices
> rt3883: 10 devices

I've tested 5.4 (a3ffeb413b to be precise) with an Asus RT-N56U
(rt3883) lightly, and all appears to be in order.  It is a backup
remote AP with light traffic.  There is nothing unusual in the logs,
and the single client I have there can connect fine.  I imagine this
would be enough to avoid dropping support for rt3883.

Cheers,

Eneas