[OpenWrt-Devel] Phase2 packages buildbot has failed since the kconfig changes

Hannu Nyman hannu.nyman at iki.fi
Sat Apr 11 12:17:00 EDT 2020

Hannu Nyman kirjoitti 11.4.2020 klo 17.07:

> But most errors seem to be related to recursive errors inside the rather
> complex mac80211 wifi driver collection. I have a hunch that for buildbot
> the "treat recursive dependencies as warnings instead of errors" option
> (from 3204430e3 ) should be activated in the config binary, or
> alternatively some major work for re-organising the mac80211 submodule
> dependencies needs to be done.

One interesting aspect:

The kmod related errors surface in the phase2 buildbot that uses SDK to
compile non-kernel packages. The kernel and related packages are built by the
phase1 images buildbot that also builds the SDK, so this phase2 packages
buildbot should not even touch the kmods. But still the recursive config
error realted to them apparently break the buildbot run.

That makes me wonder if the current settings have wider impact on SDK usage.
Possibly the SDK reacts badly to the current config logic. (Personally I only
compile with the full toolchain, so I have no experience with the SDK.)